Friday, July 21, 2017

The Biggest?

I am going to try and write here more again. For years I felt compelled to write everyday whether I had anything to share or not. It was an unbreakable habit. Of course I did break it and once it was broken, I had a hell of a time wanting to blog at all. So the plan is to drop short notes at least twice a week at least until I have something thread based worth sharing.

A post shared by Pamela Quevedo (@totusmel) on
Yesterday I posted this picture of my Armenian lace piece. I do work on it at least an hour or so a day when I need a break from writing. I was asked how big it was now, so I measured it and it comes to just over 3 and a half feet across. Which means I'm knotting well over 14 feet every round right now. That is incredibly crazy when you think about it particularly because  each knotted round only grows one or two centimeters at a time.

I still have no end size in mind really. I could already use it for a small round end table if I wanted, but for some reason I'm holding out for the largest Armenian lace doily ever. I haven't the foggiest clue what the largest existing one measures at. I've never even tried to look for that information. So in complete ignorance of my goal size, I'm just going to go ahead and say that one day it will be the biggest.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Good luck! Not only biggest but quite pretty too!

Maureen said...

I assume you have a big box of thread in the same dyelot? How much have you used already? This piece is already magnificent and I think it will be absolutely stunning whenever you decide that it's finished.

Tanvi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.