Monday, June 20, 2016

Knotting

Here we are, the first day of Summer. I think for the first time ever it's both the beginning of summer vacation for our homeschool and the actual first day of Summer, though it's been hot or some time already. The weekend was full of errand running as usual, but this time it included the shipping off of school books, which was satisfying. We also had some visiting relatives to coincide with Father's Day, so Sunday was pretty much filled to bursting.

I still managed some thread work though. I finished up the Armenian knotted lace bib necklace on Friday. I've definitely gotten better at this since the last time I made this piece. I think the never-finished table cloth has given me invaluable practice with knotting.

I also got the other sold necklace remade as well. With this piece I made a few adjustments in knot count. I don't know if it's called knot count, but stitch count doesn't seem right, so that's what I'm calling it. I guess I've gotten comfortable making things up working on the tablecloth too.

I got an order for a custom tatted necklace overnight, so that's what is in queue for today. Well, that and waiting for the garage door installation to happen. I know, super fun summer plans so far. The heat is set to become ridiculous this week as well, so hiding from the day star is also the plan.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

Wow all the work looks nice, do have a great style of tatting :)