Thursday, June 23, 2016

Gone

I tried to divide my time between my need to clear off my DVR by watching countless shows and my desire to exercise during the day by walking and reading. I managed to do both as well as get out my needle and thread and work on an Armenian knotted lace necklace. Though there's a bit of a downside to that last thing. You see, I was going along well with small loops in the crochet cord. The piece was curving slightly which is good.

Then about the third row, it was clear I had made a poor decision. The curve was getting far too pronounced. Worse the knots were so close together for the smaller loops that the only was to undo the decision was to carefully cut the entire section of knotted lace off of the crochet cord to start again. It was a slow, painstaking process and it left me with a plain cord to start over with again. I made a different choice with thee pattern, but it's too soon to tell whether or not it will have the same end as this one. That should be discovered today as the plan is the same as yesterday: reading, walking, DVR watching, and lace making.

No comments: