Friday, June 17, 2016

Cords and Knots

Here we are at the last day of homeschooling for the year. I am well and truly exhausted after this year. The next one promises to be even more work for all of us, but it's the road I chose and the kids seem to like it just fine. I am definitely ready to do a little nothing for awhile though, well at least for a couple of hours.

I did get some work done yesterday. I got both cords crocheted up for the necklaces that need remaking. I seem to have really gotten the hang of these things. I was sure it had been so long since I made the last one that I would have forgotten how, but it came back quickly and they work up faster than I remember. To make them work as necklace bases I start with a smaller crochet hook and creak the single chain for the slide closure, then switch to a larger hook for the cord section.

I even managed to get the knotting started on one of the pieces. This one is a bib style necklace, so it's really just a big triangle. Clearly I still have a ways to go on this one. I just work it back and forth losing a loop every row. There's no extra design elements in this one, so I should get it done today and start on the second one. That one has more of a pattern that needs paying attention to, but it's also a much more narrow piece. I Think when I'm done remaking these I might go back to the hybrid lace bracelet idea, or I might do a new Armenian lace necklace since I'm have a good time making cording. Or maybe I'll get more orders and have my work chosen for me. Either way works for me.

No comments: