Friday, February 5, 2016

Ring and Mask

We were back to schooling officially yesterday, so the whole of the morning was devoted to that. I'm trying to refocus the kids a bit as they tend to get lazier as the year wears on. I don't know where they could have picked that up from? Yeah, I know, it's me, but at least I can acknowledge it and work on the problem.

I had plenty of tatting to get on with as soon as schooling was wrapped though. I started with the tatted ring. I have these listed as custom pieces since I can make them fairly quickly and then each one can be a different color. This one was done in Lizbeth dark purple. You might have noticed more of my pictures are in-progress ones lately. There's a shop update function on the etsy app that lets you share them everywhere, and in an effort to help my shop gain momentum, I've been doing it for a week or so now. Since business has picked up around the same time, coincidentally or not, I'm going to keep it up just in case it is working.

After the ring it was on to remaking a mask that just sold.  This is one of my simpler ones, so I managed to finish it yesterday as well, though it's not done in this photo. After that was done, all my tatting, save for a pendant that I'm not sure I'm going to remake, was done. I went back to some reading for the afternoon.

I woke up this morning to a necklace order, so I do have something to remake today as well. I'm a couple of days behind on the TIAS too, so I'll try to catch up on that this weekend to see how the rabbit shapes up. Again, I just have to say how wonderfully busy this week has been and how much I've been enjoying it. Here's to a great weekend!

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

fun to see the needle tatting making tatting looks great!