Friday, October 23, 2015

Two More Rounds

Despite a doctor's appointment, I managed to be fairly productive yesterday. We sped through schooling, so once lunch was over, I got to sit right down and get to work. Of course at this point the work is just, well nobody's paying me for it, so it's just, well let's go with art. Anyway, I got two more round worked up over the course of the day. This first one here is pretty open because I assumed that I would try another round of woven threads next which is what I ended up doing.

Weaving these longer round is getting harder though. Since I have to cut off the working thread so I can pull it through the tatting, I'm dragging a longer and longer piece of thread. Those long pieces love to tangle up and I'm having to stop more often and undo the mess. I suppose that's one argument for a motif round at some point. I can weave those all I want without the mess.


I started another round after this one, but it was a complete mess. I got almost halfway around before I scrapped it and cut the whole thing off. I think I'll just have to stare at it some more and see if it actually wants to be any bigger at all. It's about 8 inches across at the widest point right now. I'm not sure if that's a good size to stop at or not. What do you think?

We have a pumpkin patch outing today after schooling, so I will likely not get anymore tatting in today, maybe over the weekend though. I was hoping the last batch of sales in the shop signaled a sea change for the season, but it appears it was just a strange fluke. So I'll keep working on this and maybe I'll get some yarn to start the holiday circle cardigan presents. All while crossing my fingers for sales.

1 comment:

Denise - Jewelry By Denise said...

Loving it! I love the size it is but I'm also curious how it would look if you keep going. I know, no help! :) I do really hope this becomes a pattern. I think it would be a great challenge for me as I've never tatted anything quite that size!