Thursday, August 20, 2015

Getting There

I fully meant to go back and forth between the two projects I have on hand, but I just couldn't be bothered. I sat down with the doily in my lap and worked on it the entire day. In fact that's pretty much all there is to share this morning.

There is only a week and a half before the kids are back to schooling. That's when all my extra time will dry up and what time I have left we'll need to be for things that need doing. That does not really include making a doily for weeks that will serve do purpose other than decorative when it's done.

While I'm working on it, it serve an instructive purpose I suppose, but learning new things is for free time. The point I'm getting at is I need to get this thing finished soon so I'm fully free and focused for the kids schooling. There's a small chance I'll get it done today, a better one that it's done tomorrow. Then I can start to assimilate what it has taught me and use it in my work. I do already have some interesting ideas, but I can't get too wrapped up in them, schooling is more important and the start of the year is always very rough. So here's to some productive knotting and no distractions.

No comments: