Monday, May 18, 2015

Sad

Well Friday was a pretty productive day. I finished the last piece of bobbin lace and save for a few small issues, it was pretty good. Then I went ahead and did the next lesson on spiders and apparently forgot to take any pictures of it. Of course that might be a good thing as I made a few glaring mistakes on that one including not linking two bobbins together properly which resulted in a split in the lace at the top and a half spider at one point.

Saturday however, was just a really bad day. Our oldest cat, Isis, the last of all our older cats had been acting lethargic and losing weight in the last couple of weeks, so we took her to the vet as a family. I had done some research, so I already had a fear that it was her kidneys, but we figured months of treatments. Instead the blood work showed kidney failure, a condition that even if temporarily reversed with intensive treatments would take her life soon. So, with the kids right there with us, we had to decide to, as the vet tried to gently put it, let her go. She was the cat most bonded with the kids and really all of us. There were lots of tears all weekend. This one was really hard especially since it's only been three months since our last cat passed away at home. She was also a surrogate mama to the four sibling cats we have left and they have no idea where she's gone now. Basically the whole household is out of balance and hopefully we'll all adjust to the loss soon.

As you might imagine, we did little else with the weekend, a walk, and a movie at home trying to keep busy. That's what we'll continue to do I imagine. I'll keep on with the bobbin lace as it definitely takes a lot of concentration at this point. I'm crossing my fingers for a tatting task as well, because tatting is very meditative and I could use a little of that right now. So here's to a better week than the weekend.

7 comments:

Sharon D. said...

Sorry about your loss of Isis always hard to lose a pet.

SWtrompeter said...

Your bobbin lace is looking good. So sorry to hear you lost Isis. Losing one of the family - including a beloved pet - is difficult.

Fox said...

Thinking about you Pamela....
Hugs,
Fox

Denise - Jewelry By Denise said...

Sorry about your loss. Losing a pet sucks! Love the progress on the bobbin lace but I would never have the patience to tackle it. Props to you!

Unknown said...

Sending you and your family a big ((((hug))).
Luv Jane xx

Sharlyn said...

Condolences on the loss of your friend. We're a kitty family too, always hard when they pass. On another note, your lace is looking wonderful! I think I would like to learn that someday

Sharon said...

Condolences on the loss of your beloved pet!! Losing a pet is never easy! May your whole family and other fur babies get peace soon. I keep myself busy creating also lately as I've had losses recently. Your bobbin lace is gorgeous!!