Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Yikes

Whew, yesterday went off the rails quickly. Not tatting wise, no that's coming along just fine. I didn't have much spare time to work on my gift project, but I did manage some progress on it. There's still been no major uptick in sales from my shop, but I have gotten a couple in the last few days. Enough that I finally have something else that I should remake for the shop. Of course all that supposes that I get any free time the rest of the week, which brings us back to that 'off the rails' comment earlier.

As you probably know, I homeschool both my children. Over the last few years they have accelerated in classes that they found easy and eventually they were both working a full grade level above what they are. There has been talk of promoting them to the grade they are working in for some time, but I just got word that we need to provide a bunch of work sample before the end of next week to make the request this year. So, my week and by extension, their week is now devoted to assembling work packets. This is only a drama because they do much of their work online and orally that there really is little actually on paper to choose from. I'm sure we'll get it done, but I probably won't get much else done with the week.

If by some miracle I do get some spare, sitting time I've got this mystery gift to finish, a piece to make for the shop and there's still that cleaning of the house I should get to. Personally I'm hoping for just enough time for the tatting and not quite enough for the cleaning. Really I'm just hoping we all survive the extra work we just got for the week.

1 comment:

Denise - Jewelry By Denise said...

It may be a lot of work to assemble all those packets but look at the bright side - your kids are doing great and so obviously, you are doing a great job being their teacher!! I think that's amazing that they are able to get that far ahead!!