Monday, December 8, 2014

Weekend Recap

Well my cold seems to be on it's last legs. It's still not gone completely as it's been reminding me with occasional coughs and popping ears, but I have most of my energy back. Thanks too, for all the remedy advice a couple of you commented with, I appreciate it! I even managed to to a little remaking for the shop including this ring.

Over the weekend we tackled the task of holiday shopping. With my shop doing so poorly lately, we really had to revisit who and what to gift this year. I also decided that there were a few people that might actually appreciate a tatted gift. I still feel bad about giving my handmade gifts, mostly because I worry people, particularly my family, still look at it as if I made a crayon scrawled card for them instead of buying something. Never the less, I'm tatting up a couple of gifts with all the extra time I have. I figure since I'm not making much money, at least I contribute to the gift giving this way. I'll try to take some progress photos without giving away what it is I'm making today.

Other than the gift making, I've got a teacher meeting for the kids to plan for this week and I really ought to do some maintenance cleaning. The time between the holidays always gets me stressed about the house. I do wish that I actually enjoyed this time of year, but I can't wait for the calm of the beginning of the year.

No comments: