Monday, May 26, 2014

Weekend Recap

https://www.etsy.com/listing/82330804/tatted-lace-key-earrings-skeleton-keys?And back to Monday. Well, it certainly was a busy, busy weekend. While I did manage to remake a couple of things on Friday, that was pretty much the end of my tatting adventure for the weekend. These keys were the last thing I managed to create. It was yet another,' oops, now how did I do that again?' tatting day. I even toyed with the idea of writing out the pattern once I had gotten one done, but talked myself out of it, as I often do.

Saturday was all birthday adventuring for my now decade old daughter. There was the zoo, then the toy store, and it was all capped off by a lovely Indian dinner and ice cream. I don't think I had time to think, let alone tat anything.

Sunday was worse because it was seemingly all cleaning. I cleaned up before the party, then decorated. Of course then the chaos of eight cousins, and the rest of the family ripped through the house. That was followed by more cleaning and then collapsing on the couch for the last few hours of the day doing absolutely nothing.

Since today is a holiday, everyone is home for the day. We've got a movie outing planned and then it's relaxing and maybe tatting for me. Well, at least that's my plan. You never know how the day is going to go when the rest of the family is free from work and school. I only have one piece left in my queue to remake, so personally I'm hoping some of that Memorial day shopping spirit spills over into my shop. Here's to it then.

No comments: