Thursday, February 6, 2014

Well, That's Done

The morning was all used up by errands and schooling, so again it was into the afternoon before I had any time to call my own. The children had seen me inking over my pencil drawing and when I explained what I was doing, they both 'had' to do it as well. So one of our errands was to Michael's to get more "real" pens. As the oldest child immediately discovered, it just doesn't work right with a ball point pen.

So we all drew and they painted with stencils and made a mess. It was quite the creative artist retreat around here for a few hours. I did finish the piece I was working on, so I felt like at least I had accomplished something for the day. Of course I've no idea what I'm going to do with it, but it's done, so I can get back to tatting, until the urge hits me again.

I did make up the tatted ears I needed to, but I also realized that the headbands I have left needed another coat of paint before I sewed them together which meant drying time would also be needed. So that's what I get to get back to this morning, sewing ears to headbands. Then I suppose it's back to snowflakes for my mother-in-law. It sounds as if she's putting me on retainer for whenever she'd like some to give out. Again, I don't mind too much as she is not asking me to do all this for free. After all the horror stories I've heard from other makers whose families ask for labor intensive free things all the time, it's wonderful to know that mine respects my time...mostly. I think that's about it, no new orders, no new ideas and a nice rainy day ahead.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

I love black and white art and this looks like you did have fun. and nice of your family to pay you especially when they are giving them to someone else. It is nice to be appreciated!