Tuesday, February 25, 2014

One Down

There's nothing quite like a kid who's not feeling well to take all the air out of the day. The oldest child was out of it all morning with a sore throat, though I maintain that it was just as likely an allergy attack as a cold since Spring is exploding all around us and I cleaned a bit, tossing so very much dust and cat fur into the air. Either way, it slowed up schooling a bit and kept us from leaving the house the rest of the day.

The one thing it might have actually helped with, was getting me to work on projects that I've been slow to get started on. I got one more snowflake done for my mother-in-law and a custom pair of earrings to match my Celtic triangle necklace for a customer. I even got to work on the mask that needed remaking.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/180592111/tatted-cuff-bracelet-wandering-vine?
Most surprising though, I actually photographed and listed the bracelet I made to match the necklace that I still haven't listed yet. I waited too long in the day to get it done, so there just wasn't enough light to photograph a necklace properly. I'm going to try and motivate myself to do that after schooling today. Then I'll get back to the mask I'm remaking and maybe I'll finish it and feel like I've accomplished something.

I got no feedback on possible patterns to publish for April, but I'm not quite ready to give up on the idea yet so I'll think on it myself and try to come up with something I think people will want to make and I just won't mention it again until it's much closer. While I certainly have no intention of stopping the daily blogging, it's feeling more like I'm talking to myself or just a couple of other people recently which I'll admit takes some of the usefulness out of it. Nothing for it though, it's too much of a habit to stop now.

6 comments:

God's Kid said...

Really great snowflake!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I am following your blog via Feedly. I admire your work & designs.
If you would like to release one of your patterns, I would love to see one of your chocker / bracelet, like the Cathedral or the Countess Was Victorious. Thank you.

Madtatter80 said...

Don't forget to change the filter in the house I did the same thing and everyone got sick and house was clean but filter was full! looks like wonderful projects too!

Unknown said...

please don't stop the blog - i look forward to your posts every day - most days i don't wait for it to show up in my email - i just go to the site.

as for a possible pattern release - it doesn't matter - they are all beautiful and creative and i would be grateful for anything you chose to share with us.

don't discard strep as a possibility - check for torso rash - my daughter once had strep and never had a noticeable fever.

be well

Carolyn said...

I really do admire your tatting. It's so not my Great Aunty's tatting at all! I am not much of a commenter, but I do look forward to reading it every day. I am so not good at needle tatting, but maybe a simple bracelet pattern would be nice? It would get me motivated to get better. Well, may your allergies/cold not grab the rest of the family! Here's hoping!

Fox said...

Boo!

Fox : ))