Friday, January 3, 2014

Lazy

It was definitely another lazy day around these parts. I have been doing a reduced schooling schedule with the kids mostly because I think their vacation is too long and if we were actually to do no school the kids would never want to go back when it is time. I'm also doing it for me though. That little bit of 'have to' do something keeps me moving and gets me to tatting. Of course it seems to take me twice as long to finish anything lately though.

Yesterday I tatted up a dream catcher pendant for the winner of the Facebook giveaway and then got back to remaking. I'd actually let the cat ear headband sell out and I meant to remake more than one at the same time, but the lazy was strong in me and I just couldn't do it. I only managed to get one pair tatted and put together before I put up the needle for the day. I'm looking forward to Jane's Tat It and See starting next week to give me something else that 'needs' tatting during the day.

After that I used up all the yarn I had left to give each leg warmer three more pattern repeats, so the crochet project is truly done. You'd think I would start to get back into the tatting mindset, but at the end of the evening I was looking for slouchy hat pattern to make up in knit or crochet. I didn't find one I loved, so I might play with my stitch Encyclopedia and make up my own today. I haven't done that in a very long time and I suppose it could be a good way to exercise my creative muscle. I've been letting it get a bit loose around the middle. Okay, that was a weird analogy, sorry. I'll get on with the day and here's to a lovely weekend for all.

2 comments:

Fox said...

Pamela, I have made this a lot. It is a great pattern!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=195823.0#axzz2pLnyjdqx

Happy New Year. Hope you have a good one. : )
Fox

TotusMel said...

Thanks Fox! I found one that was okay, but I think I like this one better!