Friday, November 8, 2013

Trains

Well, that was one long day. Even though I did bring my tatting on the train, I didn't do any. I'm not sure if it was the bumpy ride, the scenery or the company, but I just didn't feel like losing myself in lace, so I didn't.

We had a lovely time of course. I'm not overly fond of trains, but the enormity and history of them makes for a more than interesting outing. The youngest child looks like that in all the pictures because she's decided that she looks creepy when she smiles with teeth. It took us most of the day to get that explanation out of her. Of course part of it could have been that her sister insisted on taking a picture in front of nearly all the trains.

After the museum, there was a bit of shopping in Old Town and then back on the train. So I guess in all, it was about a 10 hour outing with 5 or 6 hours of walking and we managed to get a little schooling done before we left too. Yep, a long, long day.

Today I will get back to tatting. I will finally decide on the chain style for the pendant piece and get it done and listed, I promise. It might take me awhile though. I have a feeling I'm going to be dragging through the day after all that walking yesterday. I suppose I have the whole weekend to get it back together so I suppose it's all good.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

Always fun to see trains they really are something to marvel at!