Monday, October 14, 2013

Weekend Recap

Oh, where to start? You see, my grandfather is coming to visit this week and will of course be staying with us, so the weekend needed to have a fair amount of cleaning in it along with the usual adventuring. I try to keep the house at a tolerable level of clean all the time, but we use the excuse of guests to do deep cleaning and clear away the clutter. We spent the weekend cleaning counters and tables off, doing laundry, vacuuming furniture and finally on Sunday afternoon I get out the carpet cleaner to take care of a layer of what six cats do to the carpet. Then, it broke...the carpet cleaner. It just choked, sputtered and died halfway through the living room carpet. This left me with the task of cleaning the stain left by the dying carpet cleaner with the little spot bot thing meant for small stains as well as the rest of the stains I hadn't yet gotten to. It was, tedious and bothersome...and now we need to buy a new carpet cleaner, fun.

At least the Universe was fair. While I was struggling with things breaking and making my life harder, it was sending me sales. The weekend felt back to normal with sales coming in everyday. So I start the week with a couple of custom pieces to make and a whole new queue of pieces that need remaking. Of course with the visit from my grandpa, my mother-in-law's birthday, a school filed trip on Friday as well as a bunch of other things I'm worrying about, I'm already feeling swamped and the sun hasn't even risen on this Monday yet. I suppose I'll just take a deep breath and tackle one thing at a time and just hope nothing else piles on. I have a bad feeling something is just waiting to pile on though, so Universe, if you're listening, some strength and patience for the week would be grand. Here's to the start of the new week.

No comments: