Friday, August 16, 2013

Aftermath

Well, it was a pretty low key birthday, mostly no key actually. Just a normal school day, peppered with happy birthday messages at random moments throughout the day, thank you for those. We had a large science experiment set for yesterday and that took up a lot of extra time, but at least it was interesting. By the time that was done I had received one order that needed making and so I spent much of the afternoon tatting up some custom colored earrings. I only wish the color were better on the photo so you could see how much these remind me of peppermint candies.

In all, I got just a few orders and half of them were patterns, which would have been fine with me except etsy recently launched a new toy, Shop Dashboard. It shows you at a glance, real time stats compared to the day before and last year on the same day. I had forgotten what an amazing sale day I had last year. So once compared to a ridiculously successful day, yesterday was a disappointment. I am going to have to be careful with that dashboard, or it's going to depress me something awful.

The evening was capped with Indian takeout and fancy cider. I was filled with joy when the children liked the choices we made for them and delighted when they tried my spicy dish and liked it. Their reactions to the spice were classic, amusing and basically made my day. It may not have been an exciting birthday filled with gifts and grandness, but it was good.

So here we are at the last day of the first week of school and think we're going to make it. I've got a couple of small things to remake today after schooling and then I guess I'll spend the rest of the day playing the video games I got for my birthday, that is of course, unless I get something fresh to make.


2 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

yes they do have the peppermint design to them. These are really beautiful and fit close to ear, I like that!

God's Kid said...

Those are sweet!! :)