Monday, October 1, 2012

New and Almost Interesting

Over the whole of the weekend I managed a burst of creativity. Well, it started with the next best thing to a creative thought, an inspiration. When I feel the need to make something new, but I haven't a clue what that should be, I flip through antique and vintage books. No matter how many times I do it, there is always something I missed or which simple didn't click with me before and now does. I saw an edging and thought it would make a nice bracelet. Even though it was very similar to another edging I'd already used, the resulting silhouette was different enough to get me to list it as well.

As is often the case with working an old patten, I change a few things on the spot and then other ideas begin brewing. There is always something else living within the design or parts of it. Sometimes I discover them as I work the pattern. After the second row of the first bracelet I found part of this new one. Then I added a bit to make it really my own. There will soon be a choker and bracelet with this new pattern in existence.

Of course as I look at it again this morning, I see another element I could change for a different look. If I'm being really ambitious, I see an even larger change I could make as well. I guess we'll just have to see how ambitious I'm feeling after a Monday morning back to schooling. Whether I make all the changes rattling around in my brain or not, at least I made something new and I feel good about that. I need to get the finishing work on the two pieces and hopefully get them listed today so there are tasks ahead for the day as well. Would you look at that...I had new things to share and the blog spot just wrote itself. Here's to a week full of more of the same.

No comments: