Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Plan

Yesterday was a bit of a surprising day. I had resigned myself to getting nothing of consequence done, but as I expressed my malaise on twitter at having neither inspiration for new pieces nor sales in the shop, I was given a suggestion. It wasn't a complex idea, but rather something I could focus on for the moment and rather than wait for something perhaps more interesting to tackle, I chose creating the idea. A nice simple anklet. Even the colors were a suggestion. It's made with Lizbeth in Ocean Turquoise and silver plated beads. Since it was the same pattern at the chokers I made last Friday, it went fast and just as I was finishing a second pleasant surprise appeared.

That's right, I finally got a sale in the shop. This meant that I actually had some things to get remade and some honest to goodness motivation to create. I finished and listed the anklet and then got to work remaking the sold pieces. I can't tell you how good it felt to have focus after the last few days wandering aimlessly. As you might have guessed, I like keeping busy.

So today leaves me with a couple more pieces to get remade and I'm going to do another anklet, this time in black. I might do another in Raspberry pink as well,  mostly so I have something in the shop with the shade so people can see what it looks like. It's so nice to start the day with a plan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The anklet is beautiful!!!!

Luv Jane XX