Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Just Look At The Pictures

What a long, rainy day I had. If you didn't know Monterey is about two hours from where we live and though we often take a day trip to the Aquarium, we prefer staying there for a couple of days to avoid exhaustion. This is not always an option as it's not cheap and we can't justify the cost more than a couple of times a year. So this was a day trip complete with a tiring car ride. We arrived very early and it was nice and uncrowded and we saw the new jellyfish exhibit and wandered awhile before lunch, but when we got back things had changed. It was probably the most crowded we had ever seen it. I mean it was ridiculous.

We managed to continue to mostly enjoy the trip, but our patience wore thin quicker than usual so we headed home a little earlier than we would have liked to. When we got back home there were phone messages that mucked up today pretty good for me. You're probably aware that I like to have my days planned. Now, I don't mind curve balls occasionally, but they need to fit in the empty space of the day, not right where other things already exist. One of the messages was a last minute request for me to take someone to the doctor, which wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't right before my daughter has to be to the doctor for her one appointment a year. I know I'm giving you more information than you need this morning, but I'm annoyed and it's raining. I was hoping for just the one task this morning, but it looks like there are more. There was another task left for me as well, while not as annoying, it was not planned and in combination with the first makes me extra annoyed.

I'm likely to be an unpleasant person to be around this morning, at least until all this extraneous stuff has been taken care of. I don't do well when I can't sit down and make something during the day that removes the stress. Hopefully I'll carve out a few minutes for me so I won't completely lose it and maybe I'll even get to start out tomorrow in a good mood with hope for the day. Here's hoping.

No comments: