Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Um...

I'm sorry, but I've really got nothing for you today. Yesterday went like this: schooling, remaking, errand running, and finally zoo field trip and home. The Zoo we went to is the same one, about an hour away, that we usually go to. This time, since it was a field trip, we had a tour though and that was quite pleasant. I love hearing stories about about the animals, learning their names and quirks. We were also fortunate to be about while they had the 8 week old tree porcupine out and the 6 month old anteater. When I say out, I don't mean on display. They were out with handlers getting exercise and meeting people. I would have never guessed how cute and friendly a porcupine is, not that any of us was going to pet the cute thing.

But I digress, it was a lovely trip, aside from the oldest daughter dropping her sunglasses into the coati enclosure and then the husband dropping his keys in trying to retrieve said sunglasses. Both object were safely retrieved by zoo staff with a reacher grabber. Earlier in the day, I had only managed to remake two bracelets for the shop. There were no additional sales yesterday, so I imagine I'll be back to the gift project for a spell and then if nothing to do emerges I suppose I'll work on something new. This holiday shopping season has yet to get in gear and I'm fairly nervous about that, but all I can do is try to keep as busy as I feel like I should be and hope for the best. Fingers crossed

1 comment:

Gina said...

It's always fun to hear about non-tatting excursions too. Sounds like it was a good day overall.