Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday Huh?

As you might have imagined, the weekend was a bit of a wash, particularly Friday. We were all a bit of an emotional train wreck. For some unexplained reason I was deluged with emails that morning which I answered late in the afternoon so if I missed responding to anyone, sorry. I am also grateful for all the condolences we received over the weekend regarding our sad kitty loss. People have been very kind. We do have three other cats, but none of them are Cleo. In fact she was the undisputed matriarch and the remaining cats are currently trying to suss out the new family order. That itself is causing a bit of weirdness as they all vie for my attention, but I suppose they need a distraction as much as I do.

I have little to report on the tatting front. I've been busy working on remaking masks and whatnot. I did have a couple of interesting communications over the weekend that may lead somewhere, but I am still waiting for further responses on them so I won't talk about it any more. The only thing worse than getting my own hopes up is having to come back after things don't happen and explain that to everyone. Better to just sit on it until nothing can go wrong.

I am hoping that this week will be as uneventful as possible. I'd like to just have a nice routine week. I am still feeling a bit off and I still fear another shoe might drop somewhere, but I'm just going to stick with the 'one foot in front of the other' plan and hopefully the ground doesn't take to moving.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My heart goes out to you over the loss of your furry friend. I have a particular fondness for black cats. Hope you have an uneventful week or at least happy events if there are any.

Sewicked said...

*hugs* I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.