Friday, October 29, 2010

Look At The Thread

It's bill day, so I've been terribly busy this morning and nearly forgot about the blog. Let's see first a frustration. So I emailed and emailed and waited and waited, but received no response regarding the additional shipping cost for the mask I mentioned yesterday. My stress level continued to rise as the shipping deadline neared, so I shipped it anyway. I know I really shouldn't have and I can probably kiss that $40 goodbye, but I thought about it and decided that I would rather do that than deal with the potential aftermath of doing the opposite. I tell you this story as a cautionary tale for my future self that may need to be reminded to just say no next time someone wants something overnighted. It is so not worth all the stress.

In less stressful news, I did make up one more of the new rings. I must direct your attention to the gray thread. It is magnificent. Really my favorite shade of gray thread ever, it shines and yet it is still the perfect dark color. Heather really outdid herself with this color. Now, I realize that not everyone is in love with gray so you might think me batty, but I've barely broken into the skein and I'm already thinking of ordering much more of it so I am never without it. I even want to keep the ring, but I am ridiculously rough on my hands so I would only be able to wear it on special occasions and those are very few and far between.

I'm still dealing with the aftermath of the Halloween rush, but I still don't feel compelled to start remaking masks yet. I will need to soon however as the Christmas season is fast approaching and it generally brings with it custom color and size requests and Mardi Gras mask sales follow closely behind. Better to have them done now rather than rush through them right after the holidays. Of course I am being rather presumptuous, I could get no more sales than normal and be blessed with the gift of limitless time. See, now I'm not quite sure which way I want that to go. No, I do...I really need the income, I am a capitalist pig. So, I guess to recap, don't say yes to expedited shipping, gray thread is awesome and sister likes to get paid. Now it's off to tat, Halloween and other nonsense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The gray thread has a nice lustre to it (hard to see in the small picture, but more obvious in the big ones on the Etsy page). I think it makes the gray much richer. The dyer did a really nice job; I can see why you'd want to keep it in stock.

-Meg