Monday, August 2, 2010

Busy, Busy

So for once I have ready to share all the things I said I would on Friday. First up was finishing the veil I've been working on. Satin, silver veiling, feathers, swarovski crystals and tatted lace, oh my. As a late addition I actually created two pieces in one. The top fascinator portion was assembled onto a snap clip so that it may be removed from the veil portion and worn separately for the reception. It was a bit tricky to assemble, but I think it turned out well and I will hopefully have some fabulous action shots of the piece next month.

Next up is the redesign of the 'whole heart' choker whose picture was so bad I couldn't count stitches so I just made it up again in the same basic design. I renamed it 'With All My Heart' and I do like it better than the original.

I was sure it would make a fine tiara so I tatted the design up again in a light gray color. Of course I didn't realize how long I would have to make the piece for it to go round my head. I ended up measuring it on my freshly dyed hair and soiled it with purple dye, so the first one is mine and it's listed as a custom order for the time being. Makes sense that way anyhow as I'm sure my head is not a universal size.

I didn't stop with that though, I dug out one more old design, fiddled with it and remade it in black. The original was in red and called the Grand Crimson Daisy, no longer red, I renamed it as well. This one has the same basic construction as the other grand daisy piece, but with a center drop and fewer chains.

So as you can see I had a busy few days and I didn't even tat on Sunday as I was recuperating from a sleepover with the nieces. The only drawback to all this activity is the inevitable let down when my energy wanes and I start babbling about nonsense again. Well, I did get a few new supplies in and I think there might be a few more pieces to resurrect still so maybe I'll still be busy this week. I guess we'll see. Oh and a quick thank you to modistamodesta for the blog award. I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't post or pass them on mostly because I'm too lazy for that.

2 comments:

Sewicked said...

Can we see the effect of the hair dye on the tiara? Did the purple bleed up the thread? You're roused my curiosity now.

Gina said...

Just wanted to say it's been a pleasure watching your tatting, designs and presentation develop. I often envy your ability to focus on all that and still enjoy family and home.