Friday, July 24, 2009

Crap

I had a bit of a freak out yesterday. As I was working on the Wunderkammer, I tool a quick look at the date to schedule the post. Then I looked at the calendar and realized that the end of the month is a week away...a week. If all goes well, we will be home owners this time next week. This realization sent me on a whirlwind of packing that lasted most of the day exhausting me completely. Of course when my husband returned home after his trip he dismissed my urgency. You see, we only just put in our 30 day notice at our current residence, so we have a large cushion to get everything moved. What he doesn't get is all the other stuff I need to get done and how many of those things need solid dates to be accomplished. You know address changes, utilities moving, cable, DSL, not to mention all my etsy business. I know, I know, take a deep breath...it will all be fine.It will, when it's all over.

Needless to say I got zero tatting done yesterday. I never even held my needle. I haven't decided whether it really is lucky that I don't have any custom orders on deck. Sometimes they serve me best when I'm busy, giving the day more structure. I set out certain periods for the tatting among my other daily tasks keeping me motivated to move forward. Without that pressure, I tend to meander through the day getting things done in no particular order, even the packing is just a random assortment or rooms, rather than simply completing one then moving onto the next. When I have an order though, there's a virtual checklist in my head. Yeah, I'm not really sure which is better.

It has now become clear that this is one of those verbal vomit sort of days. I've nothing important to say, so I'm just babbling incoherently until I think the post is long enough. I've much to do so perhaps I should just get on with the stalling that I will inevitable do for the greater part of the day. Yep, I'm a role model of efficiency, come follow me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Packing is not, by and large, the most exciting of tasks - its so easy to get distracted. Unpacking I find much more exciting - deciding where everything will now live and organizing all my stuff... moving is such a strange combination of anxiety and anticipation. Tatting anyway might be a good way of not getting too worked up about the stuff yet to be done before you can do them - a bit of catharsis and all.
Anyway, I hope all goes well with the move!
Emi

dalij said...

Follow you? Hum? Maybe send some of the energy my way so I can puppy proof my apartment this weekend.

. c h o k l i t . said...

I'm with For the Love of Beads... motivate yourself on the packing by thingking about how FUN it's going to be when you get to unpack and unfold your lovely things into a new space. I rarely move, so I hardly ever get to do that, but I love that feeling.

Hang in there!

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Good luck with packing - I'm no role model - when I moved across country from Arizona to NY, I was still packing when the moving van arrived! But we made it and so will you! Congratulations on the house - it's going to be so much better to have your own home!

Cindy