Tuesday, June 30, 2009

100

Yes, it was hot again yesterday, but I was on a few small missions. I was cleaning and tatting and knitting and all sorts of little things. We're still waiting to hear back about the house we want to buy, coming up on two months soon. To say we're getting discouraged would be to ignore a dozen other emotions that are filling our household. Then to make matters more stressful, I attempted to enroll my daughter in a charter school so that I can home school this coming school year. I say attempted because the school is of course full. I've got one other I can try, but they did not have an online application, so for all I know they are full up too and my plans are out the window as they are the only two charters serving my area. I'm sure there are other options, but I think I may have waiting too long for many of them. You see, I was hoping to get everything done after we moved assuming that it would have occurred by now. I seriously miscalculated and now things are terribly uncertain. I know she doesn't *have* to attend kindergarten so I may unofficially school her this coming year and get everything set for first grade, but somehow it seems wrong.

Well, that's enough personal drama for today. I have been tatting a bit on the reward for my Wunderkammer collaborator. She chose something in the chocolate brown sock yarn I used to make my last scarf project. It's not pressed and finished yet, so I'll just give you a little taste here. I think I actually have enough yarn left to make a second piece to sell and since it's been a while since I listed something made in yarn, I think I might just do that. Sales in the store have begun to slow down dramatically. That's about par for the summer course though, so I won't start complaining yet. I am also about halfway through my knitted scarf/wrap. I've been working a bit on it everyday, but I've no idea when it will be completed. Of course I can't wear in for months anyway.

The Wunderkammer is doing great, along with the secret redesign, it just reached 100 blogger followers. This was a milestone I was waiting for because I had decided that once I got there, I would do the first giveaway there. The redesign has changed the plans a bit. I will now wait until that is complete and I will start asking featured artisans if any of them wants to participate in the giveaway. Of course I have no idea how best to do that without getting all spammy on people. I'd like to do it in a similar fashion to the one I did here with more prizes for more entries, but I don't want to be the only one donating to the cause. I think I've got a bit of time to get everything all set up so no stress.

3 comments:

Kim said...

it will work out with your daughter, don't loose heart

Krystle said...

It's never wrong if you believe it's best for your kids. :-)

Sarah Dungan said...

Moving after settling into a school can have downsides too, I think its whatever you feel is best.

(and the brown yarn is awesome and you should do something else in it for sure)