Friday, May 22, 2009

Suitcase

Getting closer to the Maker Faire has got me a bit antsy. I'm working on putting the finding on piles of lace, pressing and taking inventory on what I actually have on hand. Not only did I realize how many supplies finishing up everything at once used up, I ended up having to order more clasps. I also finished up my suitcase display. I was hoping that it was the only thing that I would have to drag around during the event, but it's becoming clear that I'll need something else. Of course it's good that I've come to that conclusion now, with a week left, rather than next Friday as we're about to leave.

The suitcase isn't quite as cool as I was hoping it to be. I just really didn't have the proper skill set or base item to get it where I really wanted it to be, but having said that, it will work just fine. I'll leave some things inside and the pendants hanging. Then I'll place larger pieces that are now just tucked inside on the table. I know it's lazy displaying, but this is most likely not just my first fair but my last...unless of course it changes my mind entirely. I doubt though as doing any craft event requires that I travel and I don't like to travel when it's not fun or relaxing.

Just a few more details to finish up before then, but I won't have time for that this weekend. My oldest is having her birthday and party. So my weekend will be bounce house, presents and small children running about with wild abandon. I haven't even decided whether I'll write on Monday or not. Yes, I am still wearing the corset and now I can add yard work to the ever expanding list of tasks I've done whilst wearing it. I'm also maintaining a steadily increasing series of exercises in the evening. Here's hoping all these current events including a vacation to Washington in a couple of weeks and the potential move thereafter don't wreak my momentum.

6 comments:

AJ said...

I'm so glad that I'm not the only person who doesn't do shows and doesn't really want to. They're so much work, and then if people don't buy your stuff, you get all depressed and feel like you wasted the day/weekend.

But Maker Fair sounds like it's going to be great. I hope you sell lots!

Artsnark said...

Cool pic. Have a fun weekend!

Zenknitter LesleyD said...

I hope you sell all your tatts!! Have fun!! I wish it wasn't so far away for me. Have a great weekend!! :-)

Sarah Dungan said...

Hey you're well ahead of me, I haven't finish my display yet!

Valerie said...

All the best at the fair and great success! Will hear about it when you return. BTW, your idea of keeping the tatting in a suitcase is cool.

scarves said...

Enjoy the weekend and the party!