Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Instructable

So yesterday, I was certainly feeling better, but not well enough to tackle any real physical labor. As the throbbing in my cheek continued, I chose to take a pain pill to avoid pain and help with the swelling. Then in my drug addled wisdom I decided that now was the time to add to my instructables library with a beginners project. Wise, perhaps not, but it is done now. I decided that since the rights to my first Belle Armoire article are mine again, I would use the preexisting photos and edit the article to the Instructable format.

The how-to is basic needle tatting that you can use to create a simple flower pendant. You can visit the Instructable here. I have attempted to use their embed feature here, but it might be easier to use there. If you like the instructable, be sure to visit the site and rate it. I'd love some comments there too if you've got the time(I'm needy like that)! Oh, and feel free to let me know if I've made any horrible errors, as I was a bit out of it whilst typing.

Learn Needle Tatting With My Flower Pendant - More DIY How To Projects




Later in the afternoon one of their editors decided to feature the instructable as well, which means it is on their front page. It is also currently featured on the steamteam blog. I guess this means we should have a few more tatters in the world soon, right?

6 comments:

Denise Felton said...

Wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing this tute. I've scheduled links to your blog and the tute to go live on my blog later today. I hope they bring you a few new visitors and fans.

Denise
http://needlework.craftgossip.com

Unknown said...

WOW! I can't wait to go check it out! Don't you just love helping others learn to tat!

Waterrose said...

So did you make this instruction for me? So I wouldn't bother you to make more rosettes to place on my cuffs? Too funny...I started to read the instructions, got to number 3 and just said NO. I've tatted a bit with a shuttle...but found out that it's not something I love to do...so I may be stopping by to order more rosettes.

icequeenjaf said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you.....you have been the inspiration for me to actually sit down and learn how to tat. I couldn't figure it out with a shuttle. When your Instructable came up, I realized "Hey...I can do that!!!!! And I have plenty of needles in the house. " My hubby isn't too thrilled with me picking up yet another craft, but I already have thread etc, so he loses that battle. I admit I can crochet way faster, but the look just isn't the same. So....thank you so, so much for your work and inspiration. Oh....and your style of drawing is really cool.

Melanie said...

thanks for posting this. I friend taught me a few years ago, but now I have a new pattern :) How do you get your center to look so pretty? Am I doing something wrong that it uneven?

Thanks and keep posting more :)

TotusMel said...

Just practice really, the long picot you make first is the key, too long and it looks loose, too short and the rings pile up on each other.

Also don't underestimate a good pressing with an iron. Sometimes what looks awful off the need, look 100% better after pressing.