Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter Morning & A Belated Equinox


I awoke this morning to a nice little treasury with one of my newest designs in it. It's been a little while since I've seen myself in one & the best part was the item listed has already been sold.

So my question to all the etsy sellers out there is: In your experience, has either creating or being picked for treasuries that don't make the front page helped your sales?

It's been a mixed bag for me, I don't really enjoy making treasuries, partly because of the stress involved in getting a list in the first place. I used to sell tickets at a ticketmaster outlet & I remember the physical & emotional drain of being the fastest seller around. Though the love from my customers was nice.

Speaking of treasuries...I'd like to take this opportunity to express my confusion over the enormous number of Buy and Replace treasuries. Seriously, what is the deal? You're not really getting ahead and making real sales, because you're spending money too! With the possible exception of finding something you intended to buy anyway listed in one, you're just trading. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with trading, I do it a lot, it just seems do defeat the stated purpose of "wanna make a sale". Rant over!

Have a happy spring holiday!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely surprise! Your work is so feminine and edgy at the same time. A very nice juxstaposition. I linked to your blog. Saw you in the forums.

Merka said...

Congrats on the treasury love and the sale! Your jewelry is magnificent.

Heather Buchanan said...

I am right with you on your opinions of BNRs on Etsy. That's a GORGEOUS treasury! I don't think they help with sales much (unless you make the front page) (oh, and curating a front page treasury doesn't help either), but they're fun. And it's so flattering to be in one.

John said...

Your work is fabulous ! I have been admiring it for some time. I'm adding your link to my blog exchange. :)

JLC Studio said...

Congrats!!! You deserve it, your work is beautiful!